728x90 AdSpace

Latest News
Friday, September 29, 2023

When Charli Baltimore first started seeing The Notorious B.I.G., she assumed he was divorced from Faith Evans.





When Charli Baltimore was dating The Notorious B.I.G. in the mid-90s, she claimed she had no idea she was the prolific rapper's side lady. During an interview on Vlad TV on September 15, the Philadelphia native confessed that she started seeing the hip-hop artist when he was still married to Faith Evans.

"They were separated from what he said," Charli, 49, explained.

"From his account, they got married quickly and then divorced." So I was going by what he was saying. And then, you know, I'm young as hell, so I don't really know... You want to believe what someone says about you."

According to Vibe, the Notorious B.I.G. and Faith met at a Bad Boy Records picture session in 1994. During his legendary 1997 cover story with the publication, the Brooklyn native disclosed that he and the R&B crooner married within 8 days of meeting, however his former wife later claimed that they said "I do" within two months.

Faith split up with Biggie shortly before his death in 1997, supposedly owing to his infidelity with Charli and Lil Kim.

Charli allegedly met the emcee at an event in her hometown of Philadelphia in 1995. Their relationship started as friendly, but with time, the couple developed a romantic bond.

When she first met Biggie, the "Money" hitmaker wasn't rapping professionally, but she enjoyed composing poems. When Charli made a freestyle mocking a few scandalous voicemails that the rapper received from strange women while they were dating, Biggie noticed potential and promise in her writing game. 

The matriarch discovered the odd voicemails after learning the code to the "Juicy" rhymer's phone.

"When he was discovered with the females...I wrote a rap on everything I heard on the voicemails. 'You definitely have skills,' he said. So, in my head, I'm thinking, 'Yeah, yeah, you're just saying anything to shift attention away from the situation,' but he was serious."

Biggie encouraged the former Murder Inc. musician to continue refining her lyrical skills.

"'I think you should try to write a rhyme every day, you're going to get nicer, you're going to get nicer," he said Charli.  "He was dead serious. He wasn't just attempting to like or appease me...He took himself very seriously. So that's essentially what I began doing."

Charli was once said to be feuding with Lil Kim for her affair with The Notorious B.I.G.

When Vlad asked the rapper if she knew Biggie was having an affair with the "Queen B" while they were filming the music video for "Get Money," she said she "didn't know."

Without going into specifics, Charli told Vlad that she would frequently encounter the Brooklyn-born rapper while on tour with Big.

"I would come on the road, and we'd see each other, you know, we did the "Get Money" video together." We obviously crossed paths, not often, but I surely saw her."

The Notorious B.I.G.'s mother revealed to Charli that Faith Evans and her husband were expecting a child. 

Faith and Biggie had their son C.J. Wallace in 1996. During her honest interview with Vlad, the '90s hitmaker said that she met C.J. through the rapper's mother, Voletta Wallace.

"His mom was telling him, 'You need to tell her what's going on, and I guess he was kind of scared to tell me.'"

Charli told Vlad she was "in shock" when Voletta revealed the truth about C.J.

"I mean, there were times in our relationship when we would split up for short periods of time." "I think the longest was maybe a month, two months, but you know, we definitely had our little spats and went into our on-again, off-again stage," the ex-rapper explained.

Faith and the Brooklynite, according to the celebrity, had C.J. during their separation.

"So, he basically said it was a break baby?" Vlad inquired of the emcee, to which she replied:

"Well, you know, guys will say whatever it takes to make themselves look less at fault when they know they're not." I was not present. "I'm not sure what happened."

Charli said in an interview for the 2022 BET docuseries The Murder Inc. Story that she was signed immediately after Biggie's death in 1997.

"His dream was to found a group called The Commission." "Unfortunately, we weren't able to do that due to his death, but his partner at the time kinda picked up where he left off and signed me to my first deal," the hip-hop singer explained.

In 1999, Charli released her debut album, Cold as Ice, which included singles like "Money" and "Stand Up." 

The gifted lyricist later signed with Irv Gotti's Murder Inc. She participated on Ja Rule's "Down Ass Bitch" and Ashanti's "Rain On Me (Remix)" before being nominated for a Grammy in 2003.

  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: When Charli Baltimore first started seeing The Notorious B.I.G., she assumed he was divorced from Faith Evans. Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Risul Islam